Re: Current state of packaging Python software for Debian

Zygmunt Krynicki <zygmunt.krynicki@canonical.com> writes:

> W dniu 15.06.2011 02:13, Ben Finney pisze:
> >Zygmunt Krynicki <zygmunt.krynicki@canonical.com> writes:
> >> 2) We keep stripping jquery and replacing it with a symlink to
> >> libjs-jquery but we make the process less cumbersome and manual.

Ah, I missed that you were implicitly referring only to Sphinx's use of
jQuery.

> I was referring to the seemingly identical code I see in my packages
> that:
>
> 1) Build the documentation with sphinx
> 2) Puts it into a separate package
> 3) Replaces a copy of jquery with a symlink to libjs-jquery.
> 4) Makes sure that .css and .js files are not compressed
>
> I'm only asking to make 1-4 a recommended practice for Debian packages
> of python packages/modules that use sphinx for documentation. If we
> can make 1-4 implicit (somehow) this would simplify a lot of things.

That seems like a manageable improvement, thanks for retaining a good
focus.

--
 \         “If history and science have taught us anything, it is that |
  `\     passion and desire are not the same as truth.” —E. O. Wilson, |