Re: About Python 2.7

On Friday, March 04, 2011 08:30:02 am ProgVal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Python 2.7 is available in the Experimental repository, and I use it as the
> default Python interpreter.
> All modules and software I use works Python 2.7, but, modules and libraries
> installed with aptitude are installed for Python 2.6, and I have to update
> the PYTHONPATH variable to use them.
> Is it currently planned to fix that?

Yes.  We're waiting on some of the post-squeeze release toolchain updates to
get done and python2.7 doesn't build on all architectures.  Once those are
dealt with it will go into Unstable and will become a supported Python version
(timing may also depend on release team clearance if there are other
transitions to consider).

Scott K