Re: Build-time testing

On 02/22/2011 03:47 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

It would be nice if dh auto-detected a setup.py (and/or missing Makefile) and
didn't run 'make test' in that case, so that the override_dh_auto_test wasn't
necessary.  Yah, I should create a bug and patch for that.

I don;t think it would be a good idea to enable this as default due to the fun part of setuptools which starts to download random eggs from the internet when they're not available. My guess would eb that a lot of packages would miss that and we'd run into failures on the buildds.

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F