Re: Package for multiple Python versions

Hi!

On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 11:43 PM, Christian Kastner <debian@kvr.at> wrote:
> debian/rules
> ============
> build:
>        # Get the supported Python versions
>        PYVERS = $(shell pyversions -r -v)
>
>        set -e -x;\
>        for py in $(PYVERS); do \
>                PYTHON=python$$py make -C source;
>        done
>
> source/*/Makefile:
> =========
> Substitute python with $(PYTHON) where appropriate

Thanks! I have done this now and it creates packages with multiple versions.

What I have done is installed Python 2.7 from wheezy so that package
would be build for Python in stable (2.6) and for 2.7 (unstable,
Ubuntu).

But now I get strange dependencies which prevent installation on stable:

 python-orange : Depends: libpython2.7 (>= 2.7) but it is not installable
                 Depends: python (>= 2.6.6-7~) but 2.6.6-3+squeeze6 is
to be installed

Where did it got  2.6.6-7~ version for Python? Is there a way to force
it to 2.6 (so not precise dependency)?

And why it depends on both libpython2.6 and libpython2.7. It should
depend on the one for which you have Python installed.

Packages are here:

http://orange.biolab.si/debian/

(I have not yet fixed all other suggestions you have send me.)

Thanks for all the help.

Mitar