Re: restarting processes when python libraries are upgraded?

On 06/20/2011 12:21 PM, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> Restart them anyway. A proper daemon will deal with restarted gracefully
> and the rest can't be helped. Security upgrades are rare enough,
> hopefully, that this won't be a frequent problem.

Parsing the python -v yourdaemon output might help to define a list of
packages.

python -v ./myworkproject --help 2>&1 | grep from | sed 's,.*from ,,'

gives me a nice list of files without actually starting the daemon.
--help doesn't necessarily show all module imports depending on how the
code was implemented, but for me it works well enough.

For cases where you run code in a mod-wsgi daemon you should read
http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/ReloadingSourceCode

 GPG Fingerprints: ECA1 E3F2 8E11 2432 D485 DD95 EB36 171A 6FF9 435F