Re: private modules and dh_python2

Hi Barry,

thanks for the quick answer.

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 15:34:19 -0400 Barry Warsaw wrote:

> On Jun 10, 2011, at 09:01 PM, Eike Nicklas wrote:
>
> >I just tried to package an application using a private module. In
> >this case, the name of the script starting the application and the
> >module have the same name.
>
> Is the script private too?  Wouldn't that be better installed
> in /usr/bin/foo?

Then 'import foo' fails if '/usr/share/foo/foo' is not explicitly added
to pythonpath (that was the idea of having the module private
in the first place ;-) )

As I understand
http://wiki.debian.org/Python/Packaging#Example_2:_Python_application
the idea is to install both script and module to /usr/share/foo where
the script can 'locally' import the module and link /usr/bin/foo to the
script.

Eike