Re: private modules and dh_python2

2011/6/10 Barry Warsaw <barry@python.org>:
> Is the script private too?  Wouldn't that be better installed in /usr/bin/foo?

>From the 1st alternative he proposes («patch the upstream script to
add /usr/share/foo to pythonpath if
'import foo' fails), I guess he is installing the script into
/usr/share together with the private module it uses and then
symlinking it into /usr/bin, so that "import X" will find the private
module.

2011/6/10 Eike Nicklas <eike@ephys.de>:
> Thanks for any comments,

I'd just put it into /usr/bin and do number 1. (And personally I don't
like Python modules being named anything with "lib").

Free Software Developer       363DEAE3