Python helper conversions

Yesterday, I sent this message to ubuntu-devel:

https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2011-June/033440.html

and created this wiki page:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BarryWarsaw/PythonHelpers

These outline the dh_python2 conversions we plan to do in Ubuntu, but of
course, we want to coordinate as much as possible with Debian.  I think it
makes sense for Ubuntu developers to start with packages which are only in
Ubuntu, followed by those which are on our CD.  Many/most/all of the latter
should get pushed upstream to Debian of course.  Because we want to get rid of
python-support and python-central on the Ubuntu CDs, we're going to be doing
that work anyway.  For everything else that uses python-support, we're
recommending developers contact the Debian maintainer first.

We're also working out details to do a package conversion jam session, which
of course we would love for Debian folks to participate in.  More details
soon.

Cheers,
-Barry