Re: Starting First Python Transition

On Apr 15, 2011, at 10:17 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:

>I just uploaded python-defaults to Unstable that drops Python 2.5 and adds
>Python 2.7 as supports Python versions.  Python-central, distribute, and
>python-stdlib-extensions are already updated to support Python 2.7.  The
>planned python-support upload later today will complete having the core
>Python infrastructure updated.
>
>Once this is all installed in the archive, we'll start doing selective
>binNMUs to drop 2.5 and add 2.7 where they won't affect other transitions.
>There are also affected arch:all packages that will need uploads to update.
>The transition tracker for this transition is at:
>
>http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/python2.7.html

I'm sure I'm being an idiot, but I can't seem to navigate this URL very well.
I have a bunch of Python 2.7 fixes that I've made for Ubuntu 11.04 and I'm
trying to cross check my list with the failures reported on this page, with
the intent to submit my fixes for consideration in Debian.

The problem is that I can't figure out how to see the failure logs for the
individual packages.  The only one I've been able to grok is graphviz:

    https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=graphviz

I got here after clicking on the link that says 'buildd' on the graphviz
line.  I see status Failed, and a bunch of open bugs for the failures.  If I
click on 'last log' for say i386, I can see the build log with the failure.
So for graphviz, I was able to successfully navigate to a bug, and reply with
links to the Ubuntu bug and debdiff I wrote to fix the failure for us.  So far
so good.

But if I try to do the same with subversion (another package where I've
applied a Python 2.7 fix in Ubuntu), I hit a dead end.  On the main
transitions page, I click on `buildd` for the subversion line and end up here:

https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=subversion

I don't see any `Failed` lines under Status, nor do I see any open bugs.  When
I click on 'last log' for say ia64, I just see a build log with no failures in
it.  So why does it show up on the main page with straight red-X's?

I'd love to help more, but I don't know how :(

-Barry