Re: maintaining new packages

Hi Olivier,

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 18:00, Olivier Schwander
<olivier.schwander@chadok.info> wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I just requested access to the repository on Alioth. My primary goal is
> to get python-mplayer (for which I just filled the ITP #62334) into
> Debian. In a longer term I plan to help for the packaging to tahoe-lafs
> and related modules.
>
> Moreover, I have a question about the process of inclusion of a package
> in a source repository: should I svn-inject my package as soon I get
> write access ? or should I publish it somewhere and ask for reviews
> before ?

Did you already read [1]? It should include some references and
information to what you asked. Anyhow, you can inject the code once
it's "good enough" and keep improving it until you feel it's ready for
sponsor review.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonModulesTeam/HowToJoin

Regards,