Re: Python Policy Updates

Hi Scott (2011.03.19_05:52:49_+0200)
> > What else needs doing?

I suggest making it clearer in the policy that byte-compilation etc.
are best taken care of by helpers. The policy *is* probably the first
place that someone looking to create a Python module/app package will
look.

There are a few places where python-support and -central are mentioned,
but not dh_python2. Considering that -central is deprecated, dh_python2
should probably be mentioned in its place.

I'll prepare some patches.

> Comments welcome/encouraged, plus additional changes.

I see we still suggest ${python:Provides}. I was encouraged in
#debian-python to never use these unless there's an existing
dependency on a versioned package name.

There are no real packages using a name like python2.X-modulename.
I can only see 4 packages depending on one of these virtual packages.

Can we declare it deprecated?

SR

--
Stefano Rivera