Re: Qtiplot, python support and bug #560852

Hi again
    Perhaps may earlier mail was a bit cryptic, excuse me. So I will make another attempt to
explain my problem in the hope of an answer.
    Qtiplot[1] is a fairly large program, written in C++ that contains support for python scripting.
The python scripting part is written in sip and it is compiled into the program. The python version is
hard coded in the configuration files (of the Debian package). It was by mistake hard coded to
2.5 after the switch to 2.6 but that has been fixed. However I would very much like not to hard code
the python version at all. If I do ldd on qtiplot, the output is:

$ ldd /usr/bin/qtiplot
        libpython2.6.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/libpython2.6.so.1.0 (0xb725d000)

so the binary is linked to version 2.6.

Is there any possibility of providing support for more python versions other that moving the python-sip code
into a shared library and compile each library for the corresponding python version?

Regards
Gudjon

[1] http://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qtiplot.html