Qtiplot, python support and bug #560852

Hi
    Here is a question that I should know (and I think I know) the answer to but I want to be sure :)
 I am working on a new version of qtiplot and currently I hardcode python version 2.6 for the python support.
$ ldd /usr/bin/qtiplot
        libpython2.6.so.1.0 => /usr/lib/libpython2.6.so.1.0 (0xb725d000)

I would very much like not to hardcode the python version but I think the python scripting part of the program needs to be rewritten as a shared library in order to allow for many python versions. Is that correct?

Regards
Gudjon