how to search mailinglist archives [was: Re: Build-Depends-Indep dependencies]

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 06:27:49PM +0200, Tristan Seligmann wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 6:16 PM, anatoly techtonik <techtonik@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Cool. Why Python Application Team list is not there?
>
> lists.alioth.debian.org is separate infrastructure to
> lists.debian.org, unfortunately.

Since most lists provide an open web archive one could try e.g. Google
and limit the search scope with 'site:lists.alioth.debian.org' a bit.

Or download all the mbox files from the list of your choice and
use grep.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.