Re: python sample packages?

On Nov 08, 2010, at 04:16 PM, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:

>there is also py2dsc from python-stdeb  if we go for automation (I've
>not tried it yet though :-/)

While I'm a big fan of python-stdeb, I should also point out that at UDS-N,
James Westby laid out a plan and an architecture for a tool to make it easy to
"debianize" many different types of packages, not just Python ones.  There
would be common parts and language-specific parts.  Thus a lot of what
python-stdeb does would land in this tool and we (Pythoneers) could write the
plug-in to parse the setup.py and write the rules file.

I don't think anything's been actually written yet, but James was (IIRC) going
to set up a forum to discuss it and a code repository somewhere.

-Barry