Fw: Call for proposals -- PyCon 2011

Hi folks.  Most of you probably have seen this, but just in case, I hope it's
okay to forward to this list.  It would be awesome have a nice representation
of debian-python at the conference.

Some talk ideas:

 * explaining to folks how Python is delivered on Debian.  This would include
   things like our customizations (dist-packages), default versions,
   dh*/python-support/central/etc., the functioning of DPMT and PAPT
 * intro to packaging Python libraries and applications for Debian, including
   how to get new packages reviewed and sponsored
 * PEPs 3147, 3149 and how they and other technical developments will improve
   the Python experience on Debian, and what still needs to be done
   (e.g. libraries only compatible with one version of Python 3).
 * The uneasy marriage between Cheeseshop and apt and some possible solutions
   from a DD's perspective

Now I'm probably not the best person to give these talks (certainly not *all*
of them :) so if you agree that Atlanta is very nice in March and have talk
ideas, I encourage you to propose one!  If you have other ideas, let us know.
It would be nice to have some coordination, I think.

Also: definitely plan on coming to the sprints.  They're the free part of the
conference (not counting travel, room and board ;) and always a great way to
spend some face time with other Python hackers on difficult problems.

-Barry

Begin forwarded message: