Re: Deadline for 10.10 updates?

On Sep 22, 2010, at 12:21 PM, Tim Michelsen wrote:

> When is the last date to submit an updated package?

Ubuntu 10.10 is in FinalFreeze:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FinalFreeze

> The Version of the Spyder Science IDE to be included in 10.10 is very
> outdated:
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/maverick/spyder

spyder is in universe, so you just need to convince an archive admin
that it is safe for upload.

2.0 seems to be a beta release, so that is unlikely to happen, given
that 10.10 is just 2 weeks away from final release. Its also not
in Debian yet.

I do see that 1.1.1 is in Debian testing, you can request a sync
for that version:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SyncRequestProcess

But again, given how close we are to the Maverick release, your
best bet may be to submit it to backports after the release:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuBackports

Good luck!