Re: Numpy API change?

Hi all,

On Mon, Jul 26, 2010 at 23:48, Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> wrote:
> * Sandro Tosi <morph@debian.org>, 2010-07-26, 23:31:
>>>
>>> It looks like python-vigra, maintained by me, is affected by this ABI
>>> change too: it works with Numpy 1.4 when built with 1.3 but not the other
>>> way round. I'm going to use dh_numpy (I'll just dump it into ./debian/) to
>>> solve the problem for this particular package.
>>
>> Piotr provided an enhanced version of dh_numpy that I'm going to
>> integrate into the python-numpy package, along with
>> /usr/share/python/dist/python-numpy to support dh_python2 --depends
>> (for dh_pysupport when ready). You might want to wait for that?
>
> No, sorry, my RC bugs cannot wait. :) But of course I'll be happy to switch
> to your/Piotr's dh_numpy once it's ready.

JFY(and others')I, with numpy -4 upload of today, we start shipping
dh_numpy and pydist file: so if you use dh_python2, you can leverage
the pydist file and call "dh_python2 --depends numpy" (or even
dh_python2 alone if numpy is in requires.txt); if you don't want to
use dh_python2, just add dh_numpy in the dh helper scripts chain and
it will add correct python-numpy depends in python:Depends substvar.

For any question, just contact me here on on IRC.

Regards,