Re: karaage

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 8:03 AM, Brian May
<brian@microcomaustralia.com.au> wrote:

> On issue that has been nagging us - what is the best way to handle
> python based config files? e.g. the settings.py file that is standard
> for Django applications?

This sounds like more of a question for the webapps list. My standard
answer for webapps is that the package should not assume which URL it
is installed at, not assume there will be only one instance of it and
not assume where the sysadmin would like to keep uploaded user data.
So you probably need dbconfig-common, wwwconfig-common and some
debconf prompts to ask the sysadmin if the want to create an instance
at install time and then ask appropriate questions about how many
instances, which URLs they should be at and where on the filesystem or
which database hosts to use. For stuff like automated database
upgrades you can use a configuration file in /etc that lists all the
instances to upgrade.

--
bye,
pabs