Re: XS-Python-Version: "current" fix (was: Re: RFS: deejayd (updated package))

> While "current" is frowned upon[0], this is not what caused your package
> breakage. The culprit it that scripts have #!/usr/bin/pythonX.Y shebangs -
> if they were unversioned, the package would continue to work with new
> Python.

Those are changed by python distutils, that's why a rebuild fixes the problem.

My debian/rules is too complicated because I do not need to build
python modules for all python versions. The following construct (from
pycentral howto) is useless in my case :
PYVERS=$(shell pyversions -vr)
install: build $(PYVERS:%=install-python%)
install-python%:
          python$* setup.py install --root $(CURDIR)/debian/python-foo

Because setup.py is used with python$*, it replaces the shebang line
with python$*.

Anyway when squeeze is frozen, I won't need a lenny backport and I'll
switch to a much simpler debian/rules.

I'll fix the breakage in the next upload. Thanks a lot for your input.

Alex