python2.6 vs python-json

There are currently two packages providing Python modules named 'json': python2.6 and python-json. Unfortunately, those module are not API-compatible.

Here is my brief analysis of reverse-dependencies of python-json:

- w3af-console depends on python-json and relies on its particular API. That means it will break with Python 2.6.

- python-webflash conflicts with python-json. This is a violation of Policy 2.5, BTW.

- python-facebook just imports json module, but assumes that the module provides simplejson API. That means it will break if python-json is installed (despite suggesting it!).

- conduit contains a (slightly forked?) embedded copy of python-facebook. However, it's a bit more clever with importing, so it'll never use python-json (despite recommending "python (>= 2.6) | python-json").

My question is: what do we do with python-json?

--
Jakub Wilk