Re: RFS: python-whisper

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 00:47, Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> writes:
>
>> Today I have switched python-whisper to use python-support instead of
>> python-central
> […]
>
> Be aware that, for an package that was *already* in Debian, you would
> need to modify your maintainer scripts to clean up after the mess left
> by ‘python-central’ in previous versions of the package. See
> <URL:http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/03/msg00060.html> (view
> the full thread for a discussion of why it's necessary).
>
> That's not strictly needed for a package that was never in Debian to
> date, but it might be a good idea (and at any rate it does no harm) if
> your package has ever been installed via other repositories.

No. That only applies for packages that are in *stable* (with
python-central) and are now in testing/unstable (with python-support).
If the pacakge (it's an ITP so it was *never* in Debian) switches from
central to support in testing/unstable is not needed. Document a bit
better before suggesting such methods when not needed.

Regards,