Re: Request for review/sponsorship of python-lzma

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 07:43:59AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> I removed the extra non-DEP5 stuff at the top, and tried to tighten it
> up to strictly match what it says.  There were some quirks, such as
> the required "Format-Specification" field not being present in any
> examples...  I think that I've interpreted it strictly enough now that
> it should be correct.  Here is the latest:
>   http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages/python-lzma/trunk/debian/copyright

I would guess that the last few lines should be like this:

License: LGPL-3+
 This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify
 it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as
 published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the
 License, or (at your option) any later version.
 .
 .
 On Debian systems the full text of the GNU Lesser General Public
 License can be found in the `/usr/share/common-licenses/LGPL-3'
 file.

> Anything else I can do to the package?

Other than that, I don't really think there's much to add; I'm just
hoping someone else might suggest what to do about the
${python:Depends} expanding to python (>= 2.6) issue; if people can
suggest a workaround, then we can upload it, else we'd have to wait
for Python 2.6 to become the default.

This issue does bring forth a question, though. If a module is
supported on python $current_default_version + 1, but not on
$current_default_version, there currently seems to be no way of
installing it. Is there an elegant way around this, or is it that
we're not really interested in supporting modules which don't work
with the $current_default_version?

Thanks!

Kumar
--
We all know Linux is great... it does infinite loops in 5 seconds.
	- Linus Torvalds about the superiority of Linux on the Amsterdam