Re: Request for review/sponsorship of python-lzma

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 06:58:07PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:
> Richard Darst <rkd@zgib.net> writes:
>
> > On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:02:23AM -0600, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> > > debian/copyright:
> > > * Licensed under LGPLv3+
> > > * Please add license headers too.
>
> The header of a DEP 5 copyright file doesn't discuss licenses. What
> Kumar seems to be referring to here is the fields in the body stanzas of
> that file; you should write enough Files stanzas to cover all the
> copyright terms of the work.

I thought I had this, since it says the first license stanza defaults
to "Files: *".  I made it explicit now.  Also, the source files with a
copyright notice also include the authors of liblzma and the LZMA SDK,
even though (as far as I can tell) it doesn't use any source from
these things, so I left them out of the debian/copyright file.

> > I have them at the bottom of debian/copyright, but I didn't see
> > anything that said if or how they have to be separated...
>
> Have a closer read of DEP 5; it describes a header (describing the
> package as a whole), and then a body with multiple stanzas. The header
> is separated from the body by a blank line, and each stanza in the body
> is separated from then next by a blank line.
>
> DEP 5 also forbids anything in that file which *isn't* the header or the
> body stanzas; if you're going to conform with DEP 5, put all the
> information into the structured format described there.

I removed the extra non-DEP5 stuff at the top, and tried to tighten it
up to strictly match what it says.  There were some quirks, such as
the required "Format-Specification" field not being present in any
examples...  I think that I've interpreted it strictly enough now that
it should be correct.  Here is the latest:
  http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/python-modules/packages/python-lzma/trunk/debian/copyright

Anything else I can do to the package?

Thanks,

- Richard