Python 2.6 in unstable

Dear Debian Python,

Most of the Python 2.6 transition bugs have been fixed, and the
remaining ones are only some leaf packages, as can be seen here:

http://tiny.pl/hqwjz

With the last upload of python-central, only a few issues with
python-central remain, before python 2.6 can be uploaded to unstable,
as has been outlined by Piotr here:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2009/11/msg00014.html

Given this, could you please let me know when Python 2.6 can be
uploaded to unstable? I'd really like to see it in unstable quickly,
so that we have enough time for testing all Python applications and
modules, and handle bug reports and troubles with a lot of time to
spare. I fear that delaying the upload to close to the freeze might
not provide sufficient time for testing.

Thanks.

Kumar
--
Kumar Appaiah