Re: License entry in egg info files

Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> writes:

> Do you object to spelling-error-in-binary,
> duplicated-key-in-desktop-entry, embedded-zlib, duplicate-font-file or
> the other lintian tests that check upstream stuff?

I think they lead to widely-used, persistent overrides, and I think such
overrides are an indicator that the specific check is inappropriate.

That said, I freely acknowledge that in this case I can't predict
whether that would be the result.

"W. Martin Borgert" <debacle@debian.org> writes:

> The maintainer can patch the setup.py file in the meantime or in case
> upstream does not care.

I don't have a strong objection in this case, and I can see good
arguments for and against a Lintian check. I wouldn't put up a fight
either way :-)

--
 \           “I was in a bar the other night, hopping from barstool to |
  `\     barstool, trying to get lucky, but there wasn't any gum under |