Re: Packaging plugins for Python applications

Jakub Wilk escribió:
> Well, technically Mercurial extensions *are* public Python modules. You
> can import one into your own Python program and fiddle with it. Most
> users would never do such a thing, yet it is perfectly feasible and can
> be proven useful.

Ok, I misunderstood you. I thought hg-git was actually a binary (using hg).

Is there a good reason why mercurial extensions are public modules? Are their
APIs stable? If not, they should probably be made private modules.

But in this special case, I'm not sure where you should package it. It seems it
would be appropriate in both places, maybe better in DPMT, unless you package it
as a private module, which maybe you should.

Emilio