Re: Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> writes:

> [Ben Finney, 2009-04-15]
> > Josselin earlier suggested that ‘dh_pysupport’ will still look in
> > ‘usr/share/python-support/’ for modules. Should I expect it to work with
> > just ‘dh_install ; dh_pysupport’ if I use the following install file:
> >
> > =====
> > writers/manpage.py usr/share/python-support/docutils/writers/
>                                               ^ you're missing
> > $package here

If I change this to

=====
writers/manpage.py usr/share/python-support/docutils-writer-manpage/docutils/writers/
=====

it does work. After ‘dh_install’ acts on the above specification,
‘dh_pysupport’ decides that the module should go in the place I want it
to go.

I would never have guessed this difference in behaviour from reading the
‘dh_pysupport(1)’ manpage, and I'm not at all clear on it even now.

Thanks for the continuing assistance on this.

--
 \           “[W]hoever is able to make you absurd is able to make you |
  `\                                                unjust.” —Voltaire |