Re: Migrating unmanaged Python library extension from ‘python-central’ to ‘python-support’

Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> writes:

> dh_install would have been the tool of choice for this task, except
> that your destination directory is not a static string: it depends on
> the output of some command. Because of this, it can’t be sensibly used
> for this. (If pysupport looked in some directory which does not embed
> the version number, that’d be another story; but I don’t know about
> that.)

Josselin earlier suggested that ‘dh_pysupport’ will still look in
‘usr/share/python-support/’ for modules. Should I expect it to work with
just ‘dh_install ; dh_pysupport’ if I use the following install file:

=====
writers/manpage.py usr/share/python-support/docutils/writers/
=====

Unfortunately when I try this now, the module ends up in
‘/usr/share/pyshared/writers/manpage.py’, when it needs instead to be in
‘/usr/share/pyshared/docutils/writers/manpage.py’.

--
 \        “We have to go forth and crush every world view that doesn't |
  `\                believe in tolerance and free speech.” —David Brin |