Advice: how to effectively maintain pyparted in Debian?

I'm looking on advices on how to effectively maintain pyparted [1].

When I initially packaged it, it was compatible with upstream libparted,
and so with Debian package, I only had to fix some py2.6-isms to let it
compile and import under Python 2.5.

With 2.2, things started to break more as support for patches included
in Fedora libparted only was included, so I had to remove those bits [2]
in order to let it work in Debian.

With 2.4, things went even worse, as almost every bit included in the
new release was really Fedora-specific, so I reverted pending changes in
SVN and stucked with the older version because I hadn't enough
motivation to understand them properly and test the results.

Recently, upstream declared that pyparted is bound to Fedora libparted,
and not with upstream [3], so I'm not sure future versions will be ever
supported by our libparted.

How to proceed from here? Here are some scenarios:
1. Keep things as they are now: stick with 2.2 for Squeeze, and see
   what happens libbparted side in Squeeze + 1.
2. Package 2.4, patch it to be compatible with our libparted, and face
   RC bugs that will eventually be reported, without upstream support.
3. Remove pyparted from Sid and Squeeze.

I'm CCing Ritesh, who filed RFP and is probably interested in having
this package in Debian. How are your feelings about pyparted?

[1]http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/pyparted.html
[2]http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/python-modules/packages/pyparted/trunk/debian/patches/no_Fedora.patch
[3]https://fedorahosted.org/pyparted/changeset/cfb1d2271bb55600c7acba2ddd7230a1888ce874

Regards,