Re: RFC: Proposed updates to the Python Policy to reflect current practices

On Fri, Dec 11, 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> >     Require the python- prefix for public modules
>
> This would mean we'd need to split e.g. python-gtk2 into five. Do we really want
> that? The "should" wording allowed one to not do it in special cases. I'm not
> saying we shouldn't change it, but we should make sure we're aware of all the
> consequences of the change...

 Good point; I guess we want to require the "python-" prefix (at least
 when a dependency is involved), and a recommendation to use
 python-foo when shipping module foo (unless shipping multiple modules,
 or when the module name doens't allow so (underscores for instance).

--
Loïc Minier