Re: RFC: Proposed updates to the Python Policy to reflect current practices

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 09:24:05PM +0100, Loïc Minier wrote:
>  To resurrect the Python Policy as a document reflecting required and
>  recommended Python packaging practices, we prepared a set of patches.
>  We started in private to provide a complete set of changes and avoid
>  flames as much as possible, but now we'd like the whole Debian Python
>  community to send comments, feedback, or additional patches.
>
>  The goal of this set of patches is only to reflect what's de facto
>  being done in the archive, and update various bit-rotted sections of
>  the Python Policy.  It's only a first step, but also a prerequisite for
>  other changes.

Hi!

>From what I can see, the current document seems to codify what seems
to be happening already. I've read through the document, and, with my
limited understanding of the procedures involved, I would guess that
the document is now in sync with the current, albeit "unwritten",
standards followed in Python packages. Naturally, someone who knows
more than me voice their opinions/concerns.

I was wondering what the subsequent steps have in store, and what the
likely changes you propose would involve. If I'd have to wait and
watch, that would be fine.

Thank you for working on this.

Kumar