Re: Request for review/sponsorship of python-lzma

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 10:02:23AM -0600, Kumar Appaiah wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
> On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 08:26:00AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> > I worked with kmap last night to get my package of python-lzma (in
> > DPMT svn) in shape.  We think it's good, and he suggested I email here
> > for further review and possibly sponsorship (to experimental since it
> > depends on 2.6).

Thanks for the review.  I've fixed these things in the svn.  Some of
them were caused by me not understanding the debhelper system just
yet.

> debian/copyright:
> * Licensed under LGPLv3+
> * Please add license headers too.

Is license headers the DEP5 things?  I have them at the bottom of
debian/copyright, but I didn't see anything that said if or how they
have to be separated...

> debian/rules:
> * debhelper >= 7.3.5 has automatic support for building extensions for
>   every supported Python version, so overriding dh_auto_* should be
>   omitted.

I removed the overrides.  However, I left in the dh_auto_test
override, since the python_distutils debhelper system doesn't seem to
support it.

> In addition, I observed that the package, when built, is currently
> uninstallable, even with the Python from experimental. The reason is
> that ${python:Depends} expands to python (>= 2.6), which is currently
> unsatisfiable, as the version of the "python" package in experimental
> is 2.5.4-3:

Hm.  When it build for me, it expanded to "python (>= 2.6) |
python2.6" which does work because of the or operation.  Is this
expected?

Thanks for the reviews,

- Richard