Re: Request for review/sponsorship of python-lzma

Dear Richard,

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 08:26:00AM -0500, Richard Darst wrote:
> I worked with kmap last night to get my package of python-lzma (in
> DPMT svn) in shape.  We think it's good, and he suggested I email here
> for further review and possibly sponsorship (to experimental since it
> depends on 2.6).
>
> If there's anything else I can/should do, please let me know.

We missed the following points:

Luca Falavigna pointed out these issues:

debian/control:
* "Maintainer:" doubled. (I fixed this)

debian/copyright:
* Licensed under LGPLv3+
* Please add license headers too.

debian/rules:
* debhelper >= 7.3.5 has automatic support for building extensions for
  every supported Python version, so overriding dh_auto_* should be
  omitted.
* Why overriding dh_pysupport?

In addition, I observed that the package, when built, is currently
uninstallable, even with the Python from experimental. The reason is
that ${python:Depends} expands to python (>= 2.6), which is currently
unsatisfiable, as the version of the "python" package in experimental
is 2.5.4-3:

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/python

Others can chip in with more advice; including whether to wait till
Python 2.6 is uploaded to unstable, or whether this can be worked
around.

Thanks.

Kumar
--