Re: python shebang, and other interpreters.

On Sun, Sep 20, 2009 at 18:42 +0200, Piotr Ożarowski wrote:
> IMHO /usr/bin/python should be a rule and "/usr/bin/env python" - (very
> rare) exception (ipython or paster might qualify here)

Could you elaborate on the reasons for that? I am really interested and
it is my impression that enforcing the "/usr/bin/env python" scheme
provides significant advantages over "/usr/bin/python".

I am, however, not aware of the problems that might entail because
IANADD/pkg-python/python-apps member. What are these?

with kind regards

    Wolodja Wentland