Re: lintian troubles ... almost done

thanks to anybody for the answers.

> >  I forced
> >   it an now lintian complains:
> >
> >    sandro@bluff:/misc/src/hg/py$ lintian python-sqlkit_0.8.6_all.deb
> >    W: python-sqlkit: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version
> >
> >    What should I do?
>
> When you use -v, you have to specify the revision as well, that is:
> the -$N part.

I have not done that becouse it's a native package. I've just reworked it to
have a separeted /debian, orig and diff, so I also have a standard naming

> > bad-distribution-in-changes-file
> > --------------------------------
> >
> >   If I run lintian on .changes it complains
> >   "bad-distribution-in-changes-file" but I'm unsure on what I should do.
> >   At present I'm building on an ubuntu-hardy so the name gets written in
> >   the changelog. There is nothing peculiar of one distro or another so I'm
> >   unsure what I should write.
>
> Not sure about Ubuntu, but for Debian, that'd always be “unstable”
> (unless you're uploading to another suite of course, but that's
> another story).

fine thanks. I tryied 'sid', but that's clearly not accepted.

Last question
-------------

When testing creating the package from my newly created sources on a newer
machine (ubuntu 9.04), lintian complained:

W: python-sqlkit: embedded-javascript-library
     usr/share/doc/python-sqlkit/html/_static/jquery.js

That's clearly the jquery of the sphinx documentation. It's introduced in
the upstream package when sphinx compile the docs (not at my build time).

Is it mecessary to fix this or I can just leave it as is (it appears as a
warning, not an error).

thanks again
sandro
*:-)