lintian troubles and .changes doubts

Hi,

  I'm trying to produce the python-sqlkit package. I'm both the upsteam
  author and the mantainer. I have /debian folder in original package. I
  recently read is not recommended but I found easier to manage to have it
  in the same mercurial repo. I have several questions:

release version
---------------

  The .deb was lintian clean on rel 0.8.6-rc5, then I did 'dch -v 0.8.6' and
  dch required -b option as felt 0.8.6-rc5 was grater than 0.8.6. I forced
  it an now lintian complains:

   sandro@bluff:/misc/src/hg/py$ lintian python-sqlkit_0.8.6_all.deb
   W: python-sqlkit: latest-debian-changelog-entry-without-new-version

   What should I do?

.changes
--------

  If I run 'dpkg-buildpackage' I get a debian package named
  'python-sqlkit_0.8.6_all.deb but a .changes that has i386 in it: why?

bad-distribution-in-changes-file
--------------------------------

  If I run lintian on .changes it complains
  "bad-distribution-in-changes-file" but I'm unsure on what I should do.
  At present I'm building on an ubuntu-hardy so the name gets written in
  the changelog. There is nothing peculiar of one distro or another so I'm
  unsure what I should write.

  Thanks in advance for any possible hints.

  sandro
  *:-)

--
Sandro Dentella  *:-)