Re: New cython version

* Johan Grönqvist <johan.gronqvist@gmail.com>, 2009-08-10, 14:27:
I am interested in a more recent version of cython.

In the debian svn repository for cython packaging[1], there is a note that upgrading the debian package to the new version (cython 0.11.2) fails due to the fact that a binary file (Lexicon.pickle) has changed.

I have tried generating an upgraded debian package from the new upstream sources, and see the same error from dpkg-source.

Is there a solution to the problem?

Yes, you can bug upstream not to include generated files in their tarballs.

--
Jakub Wilk