RFS: nautilus-scripts-manager

Dear debian pythoneers,

I am looking for a sponsor for my package "nautilus-scripts-manager".

* Package name    : nautilus-scripts-manager
  Version         : 1.2-1
  Upstream Author : Pietro Battiston (me)
* URL             : http://www.pietrobattiston.it/nautilus-scripts-manager
* License         : GPL-3
  Section         : gnome

It builds these binary packages:
nautilus-scripts-manager - simple tool for nautilus scripts management

The package is lintian clean.

The upload would fix these bugs: 536878

- dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/n/nautilus-scripts-manager/nautilus-scripts-manager_1.2-1.dsc

If that could bring me a sponsor, I would be willing to maintain it inside the PAPT.

Some background, for those who may be interested:

- I wrote a relatively complex nautilus script ([1]) that I plan to
package.[2] My goal was (mainly) to help people who don't know how to
use/don't want to use the terminal (I do indeed use it regularly ;-) ...
- ...but I realized that currently people /have/ to use the terminal to
enable nautilus scripts (since it must be done on a user base by
symlinking).
- There is a tool to enable/disable them (nautilus-script-manager -
notice mine has an "s" which prevents the clashing) which is packaged
only in Ubuntu, is really very very simple... and still has no GUI.
Moreover, it doesn't help changing/localizing/organizing the names of
the scripts in the menu.
- The non-userfriendliness of the whole system has led to some crazy
choices in the Ubuntu packaging of nautilus scripts (see [3]) (notice
all such packages currently depend on the old nautilus-script-manager,
and I plan to ask to replace it with my nautilus-scripts-manager, at
least as "Recommends").

That's why I wrote and packaged a scripts manager that I see as a (much
better) replacement to Ubuntu's nautilus-script-manager, and as a way to
cleanly introduce user-friendliness in Nautilus scripts  (and hence
Nautilus scripts in Debian).

Notice pygtk is not a dependence for the app itself, but if it is not
installed then the menu icon fails without warnings; that's why I put
python-gtk2 in Depends.
(anyway, if you have nautilus and python installed, you probably have
pygtk, and if you don't, it's not such a huge dependence)

My usual sponsor, Piotr Ożarowsk, already helped me fixing few minor
problems upstream and in the packaging, but is currently too busy to
sponsor nautilus-script-manager.

thanks

Pietro Battiston

[1]:
http://poisson.phc.unipi.it/~battiston/gueic/doku.php?id=gallery_uploader
[2]:
(but it will "Recommends" nautilus-scripts-manager, that's why I still
don't ask for sponsorship)
[3]:
http://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/audio-convert/+bug/130055