Re: [Help] Failed to apply new Python policy to GNUmed packages

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:

In that case the .pyc files won't be loaded, but the .py ones, I guess (please
somebody correct me if I'm wrong). Nothing to worry about as people will usually
be using the default interpreter.

I admit I really prefered the former behaviour of python-support to precompile
for all Python interpreter versions which are mentioned in pyversions.  If you
install a package at a certain point in time and after this installation the
python interpreter version will change the *.pyc files won't be used.  If the
*.pyc files would be generated for all available Python versions in a separate
place you might even be able to trigger generating *.pyc files for all
python-support controlled packages later on once a new Python interpreter
will be installed.

You don't need it, you can remove it (I've seen you've added it back).
That was one of my ill-fated suggestions - it would have worked but it
is clearly better if things work without it.

That would defeat the purpose of placing the modules in a private location, so
yes, better to remove it :)

As I said: The Gnumed.pth file is not installed into the package since package
version 0.2-1 (see changelog).  It just remains in the packaging dir - perhaps
even this is not needed but does not really harm.

Kind regards and thanks for your help

    Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de