Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le lundi 16 février 2009 à 22:33 +0100, Matthias Klose a écrit :
>> "current" is also useful to only provide a public module for just the default
>> version. I'm unsure what you mean with when talking about the above mentioned
>> "issue"
>
> Is it a joke? If you don’t know what this is about, why are you even
> talking about python packaging? Were you even reading the discussions on
> the Python policy when there have been some?
>
> "current" does not mean anything, semantically, especially for public
> modules/extensions. There is a set of supported versions, and that’s
> all. For extensions, it is the set of versions the extension has been
> built against, and for modules, it is the set of versions the module can
> work with. In neither of these cases does "current" mean anything.

But it does mean something. Modules which build from C sources have to be built
for each version it wants to support, right? Maybe "current" is an arbitrary,
unjustified choice, but it means that C modules which only build once don't
will only work with that version.

--

  Felipe Sateler