Re: Python related changes for unstable/squeeze

Le lundi 16 février 2009 à 22:33 +0100, Matthias Klose a écrit :
> "current" is also useful to only provide a public module for just the default
> version. I'm unsure what you mean with when talking about the above mentioned
> "issue"

Is it a joke? If you don’t know what this is about, why are you even
talking about python packaging? Were you even reading the discussions on
the Python policy when there have been some?

"current" does not mean anything, semantically, especially for public
modules/extensions. There is a set of supported versions, and that’s
all. For extensions, it is the set of versions the extension has been
built against, and for modules, it is the set of versions the module can
work with. In neither of these cases does "current" mean anything.

--
 .''`.      Debian 5.0 "Lenny" has been released!
: :' :