Re: /usr/local is loved by Debian Python people?

On Tue, 2009-03-02 at 09:06 -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> Unfortunately I can't find clear description of the 'staff' group
> destiny
> nowhere in Debian documentation

Fortunately, I just spent 20-30 minutes going through this on Sunday.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/securing-debian-howto/ch12.en.html

Scroll down to: 12.1.12 Operating system users and groups

I was reporting something to security@debian.org ... they acknowledged
my initial inquiry but have not responded on the issue I pointed out
(very minor) but you are looking in exactly the same place.

--
--gh