Re: RFS: mercurial 1.1.2

On Thu, Jan 08, 2009 at 10:42:56AM +0100, Vincent Danjean wrote:
[lots of changes]
I will lot at them this WE (no free time at this moment)

You can use trunk...

OK, merged my branch into trunk. Have you taken a look yet?

Before uploading the 1.1 release, I would like to cleanup the default
conffile (no load of extensions by default as users cannot easily disable
them) as discussed with upstream a few month ago (a few weeks after the
lenny freeze)

I've changed the package to no longer enable inotify by default. The other enabled-by-default extensions (apart from highlight) only add new functionality without modifying existing behavior, so I'm not sure that there's anything to gain by not enabling extensions by default. I think it's more likely that disabling the default extensions will only confuse users who had been using them prior.

As for highlight: it does modify existing behavior, but I'm unsure whether it should be disabled by default, as unlike inotify it doesn't look like it can actually break anything.

For myself, I'm using git (with git-svn) to maintain mercurial with
branches for backport. If you want to take over (or even help with)
this package, I will send you all my works.

I'm more than happy to, so do go ahead!

Thanks!
Vernon