Re: RFS: matplotlib 0.90.1-3

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 1:22 PM, Eike Nicklas <eike@ephys.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:07:24 +0100 Ondrej Certik wrote:
>
>  >
>  > currently, matplotlib doesn't install with numpy in sid, when numpy
>  > switched to gfortran and it conflicts with matplotlib.
>  >

>  That might also (partly) fix a bug I reassigned to matplotlib:
>
>  http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=466818
>
>  It was initially reported against pondus, which does not explicitely use
>  python-numpy, but only python-matplotlib (which it correctly depends on)

Yes, I read that bug. There are more problems with matplotlib - it is
not lintian clean,
it still uses Numerics and numarray besides numpy (I don't know if
this is a feature or a bug),
and a new upstream release is out. To put it short, the package should
be comaintained in DPMT
and fixed. :)

Ondrej