Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 15:54, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

Last reply on this thread, just to recap what Ondrej and me discussed
on irc this evening.

I didn't realize I ain't made clear what's my network situation: I'm
still at 56k, so many of the think you broadband users consider
normal, trivial, or chip, for me they're not. I have to minimize the
stuff I download at home and maximize the effort, and svn
(+downloading the tarball at work, if they are big) allows me to
achieve this balance.

But even if I had an adsl or so, I would say that that git is not the
right choice for our team (but I would have made a lot less problems
migrating to it). I think that, being things are they are now, svn is
the right choice and keep being. What we really need is to migrate a
svn layout-2 repository (one composed by
{trunk,tags,branches,...}/package).

Anyhow, to be short: I count as 1, and we are in democracy; whatever
the team will come up, I'll stick to it eventually changing/reducing
the way I contribute to it.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,