Re: numpy 1.2.1, switching to git?

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> [Piotr Ożarowski, 2008-12-23 13:37]
>> unfortunately I use Git only outside Debian, so I don't know about
>> issues git-buildpackage might have. I know it doesn't have
>> mergeWithUpstream but it's written in Python, so we can implement this.
>> The problem is (FWIK) that it's better to use Git with upstream sources
>> (with tools like pristine-tar)... anyway, I vote for Git, but I'm open
>> to alternative suggestions.
>
> update: I vote for status quo (svn, svn-buildpackage, mergeWithUpstream)
> for now - at least until all top contributors will have decent internet
> connection or we'll work out some kind of remote upstream branches
> schema so that one could choose what to download (and a script to
> download all repositories (packages) within the team)

Agree. We talked with Sandro on IRC, the problem is in a bad internet
connection --- it takes ~40min to download 10MB -- then of course
every MB matters. For me it takes just couple seconds, so it doesn't
really matter if I am downloading tarball+debian dir separately, or
together in a git repo.

I just assumed that everyone has a decent internet connection these
days, and I was wrong. :)

Ondrej