Re: Django 1.0 - Possibility of a freeze exception?

Hello,

Marc Fargas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 3:34 PM, David Spreen <netzwurm@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> the Django project will release their version 1.0 in the beginning of
>> next week.
>>

> Hope so!
>

> I think it's the strongest argument for the Release Team, having a
> package that is really likely to have no support upstream (it's been
> stated that the 0.96 will be abandoned shortly if my memory serves
> well (?)) is not nice. And Django does not affect any other packages
> in lenny that I'm aware of. So, lots of emphasys could be put on this
> point!

Actually, I just confirmed with the devel mailinglist that in the past
they provide security support for the last two stable releases. It is
therefore not such a strong argument.

> That's the second super point, nobody will want 0.96 to work over it
> when it's incompatible in so many ways with 1.0 (to not say in almost
> any reasonable use case, just look at the BackwardsIncompatibleChanges
> wiki page from Django).

Agreed.
> Do you plan to add a python-django-doc now that beta2 included the
> docs-refactor stuff? (a "make html" inside the docs/ directory will
> make you happy!)

Already done on my hard disk. Will upload to svn once I get off work.

best,

David