Django 1.0 - Possibility of a freeze exception?

Hello,

the Django project will release their version 1.0 in the beginning of
next week. I know that usually no new upstream versions are allowed into
Lenny at this point. I wonder though if Django could be an exception.

1. Django has a significant Debian user-base (638 pop contest
installations when I last checked).

2. It is unlikely that version 0.96 will receive ongoing security
support from upstream for long after 1.0.

3. Due to changes in the admin and form applications, Django 1.0 will be
backwards incompatible with 0.96 and the old stable version's use in
Debian might be questionable.

4. All packages that use Django are under our control (currently only in
experimental).

Let me know what you think and how to best approach the release managers
with this.

Most importantly, you can help this effort by testing the
python-django_1.0~beta1-1 package that is currently in experimental. I
am already using it in my own work.

Also let me know if any of you are planning on going to the Django
release party in Mountain View next week.

All my best,

David