Re: When is rtupdate run?

On ven, 2008-04-04 at 19:08 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> When Python is subsequently installed, the rtupdate scripts of all
> previously-installed packages should be run.
>
> Sound reasonable?  Shall I file a bug to this effect?  On python?

I think it is definitely reasonable, and you can file a bug against
python.

> > On the other hand, I???m not sure such symbolic links are necessary for
> > debugging libraries; at least they are not for usual libraries.
>
> The debug library names all have the same -py24 and -py25 decoration
> as the non-debug ones found in libboost-python-dev.  The symlinks are
> to support linking with the default Python runtime.  This may not be
> "usual", but how else do you deal with a library supporting two Python
> runtimes?

This is all good for regular libraries, but as they are decorated, the
debuglink information added by dh_strip should point to the decorated
debugging library location, so you shouldn’t need the undecorated
symbolic link for the debugging libraries.

 .''`.